Friday, September 27, 2013

Home is where the heart is draft

Home is where the heart is
Looking out my window gazing
At the freshly cut lawn and the toys sprawled across the city lawn
A blue bike with flames on the sides flipped upside down at
My brother’s automobile shop, where many toy cars are waiting in line,
Sitting with content the other brother’s look on with a divine
Look upon their faces.
As I go on a walk, I begin
Around the block, a park with kids who seem to never Stop playing,
The church where people keep praying
Like it’s no tomorrow,
A small grocery store on the corner where with a ding ding  you enter the door,
The cashiers know your name
It isn’t so lame
My city is my city,
This city is where my home is for the majority of my life,
Because your home is where your heart is,
Without your home, your heart fades




No comments:

Post a Comment